Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Gilead.


Book Review.

Robinson, Marilynne.  Gilead.  A novel.  Harper- Perennial. 2004.

Comment.  Henry.

I am a relative newcomer to reading novels.  I rely on recommendations from friends.  Although it took me a bit of ‘adjusting’ to get into this novel I did enjoy my read.  I particularly appreciated the religious focus of the author.  The historical setting was an interesting thread. 

I list several endorsements with which I heartily agree.  “Good novels about spiritual life are rare.  This is the best.” –Newsweek.  “Quietly powerful (and) moving articles of faith.” – O magazine.  “This is a morally and emotionally complex novel. . . . where every word matters. . . . A classic that should be read. savored, and read again.” –The Courier-Journal (Louisville)

henrydirksen.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment